The results are in and Italy is leading the pack with 152 winning hotels, closely followed by the UK with 145.
The Travelers’ Choice Awards have announced 7,123 winners from top-rated hotels.
Along with best accommodations in the four traditional categories: luxury, B&B, inns and small hotels, and bargain hotels, there are also results for two new Travelers’ Choice categories this year: best hotels for romance and families.
Paris is chosen as the best destination in the world, followed by New York and London. Ka’anapali Beach in Hawaii scooped the best beach award.
Let’s take a closer look at the results!
TripAdvisor’s top 10 hotels in the world:
- Grand Hotel Kronenhof, Pontresina, Switzerland
- The Upper House, Hong Kong (No. 5 in 2013)
- Gili Lankanfushi Maldives, Lankanfushi, Maldives
- Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
- The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur, India
- Casa Gangotena, Quito, Ecuador
- Lindos Blu, Lindos, Greece
- The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, Punta de Mita, Mexico
- The Oberoi, Mumbai, Mumbai, India
- Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto, Toronto
Winners in other categories:
Top luxury hotel and Top small hotel in the world – Akademie Street Boutique Hotel and Guesthouse, Franschhoek, South Africa
Best hotel for families in the world – Cavallino Bianco Family Spa Grand Hotel, Ortisei, Italy
Best hotel for romance in the world – The Place Luxury Boutique Villas, Koh Tao, Thailand