We always like to look our best, which is perhaps why some of us insist on carrying a make-up bag – packed until it is bursting – with us at all time.
But there is actually no need to take along everything but the bathroom sink when you leave the house each morning.
Sure, there are some essential beauty products and tools that should be with you at all times, but others can be left on the bathroom shelf without another thought.
Here is our guide to the top must-haves in your make-up bag:
1. A compact mirror is perfect because it can easily fit in your makeup bag without taking up too much space, but is vital if you want to slap on your favourite skin care product or touch up your make-up on the go.
2. Moisturizer is another must-have item in your makeup bag, especially if you have dry skin. But make sure you choose a handy size of your favourite moisturizer otherwise it will take up all the room.
3. Make-up remover is also vital in your make-up bag so you can wipe away smudges and look perfect from morning to night.
4. Tweezers are useful to have in your make-up bag so that you can keep your eye brows in great shape. They are also useful for taking care of any unwanted hair that you might have.
5. Mascara is another beauty tool which we find we can’t live without. With just a few strokes it brings out the best in your eyes and makes you look alert and ready to go.
6. No one should leave home without a good brand of lip balm.
7. Foundation can be vital if you want to look your best for an important business meeting or social rendez-vous. It will make your skin tone look even, flawless, and healthy but do make sure you get the right shade for your skin.
8. To feel on top of the world some of us like to put on a bit of lippy, so make sure you have your favourite lip-stick in your make-up bag.
9. Last, but certainly not least, is an eyelash curler, which works wanders on brightening up your eyes and making your eyelashes look longer and healthier.